Faculty and Staff Resources Technology
Authority is a web-based system that makes it easy for faculty to keep track of the activities they accomplish, such as the teaching, research and service information found on their CVs. Authority is now available from off-campus computers. Use your UL credentials (username01) and ULink password. At any time you have a problem getting in, etc. select the “Report an Issue” at the top right of the Authority page.
The College of Business Information Services department is responsible
for the computers and a/v equipment in the classrooms and faculty/staff
offices. Should there be a problem with any equipment, please call the
COB HELPDESK at (502) 852-0154 or email email@example.com.
Troy Franklin, Director, Room 015, (502) 852-7765
John Merchant, Manager of Computer Projects, Room 223, (502) 852-4755
Marc Broering, Programmer, Room 016, (502) 852-6947
Cindy McDonald, Technology Specialist, Room 012, (502) 852-4893
University of Louisville IT Services
The University of Louisville IT Helpdesk can be contacted at (502) 852-7997 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday through Thursday: 6 AM to 10 PM
Friday: 6 AM to 5 PM
Saturday: 7 AM – 5 PM
Sunday: 10 AM – 10 PM
University Holidays: 7 AM – 5 PM
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Faculty, staff and students are entitled to a Qualtrics Survey Software
account. Qualtrics is an on-line survey software. The link is http://qualtrics.com/academic-solutions/university-of-louisville/
The UofL wireless network is a secure network that encrypts traffic on the network to prevent intrusions and interception of traffic.
FACULTY & STAFF – PLEASE REMEMBER: When you change your password, you must forget the ulsecure network on your phone, ipad, etc., and then connect again with new password.
Three types of wireless access are available, depending upon who you are:
- ulvisitor (for visitors; short-term use, limited internet functionality)
- ulopen (full-service unencrypted network access for up to 30 days; requires a UofL sponsor)
- ulsecure (requires an valid ulink username/password, preferred network for UofL student, faculty, staff)
UofL now has visitor wireless access. Prior to this, any guest coming on campus (vendors, alumni, conference attendees, etc.) had to be granted a ulopen account through a UofL IT online form for internet access. With this new account, the visitor is offered up to six hours of connectivity. The sessions will automatically log out after 15 minutes of inactivity, but visitors can log back on within that six hour period.
How to get online for a campus visitor:
- Select the SSID ulvisitor from your device’s list of available wireless networks.
- Open a browser and load any URL; you will be redirected to an access page (on some mobile devices, the access page should open automatically).
- Enter a valid email address
More information on visitor wireless: http://louisville.edu/it/departments/communications/wireless/ulvisitor-faqs
Installing the VMware client
iPhones and iPads
- Get the VMware View client from the Apple App store.
- Get the VMware View client from the Google Play Store.
Windows and Mac
- Browse to https://virtualcob.louisville.edu (click “continue” since the SSL certificate is only a self signed certificate at this time.)
- Click “View Client for Windows” or “View Client for Mac” etc.
- This will redirect you to VMware’s webpage where you can download the client (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Click “Go to Downloads” located on the right hand side of the version that you need
- Click Download
- Click Run
- Reboot the computer
Launching the virtual desktop application-
- Launch the VMware Client
- When asked to enter the “Connection Server” put virtualcob.louisville.edu
- Click Connect (Click Continue at the error message “this will be resolved once the SSL security certificate is installed on virtualcob.louisville.edu”)
- Username is your ULINK user-id
- Password is your ULINK password
- Domain should always say AD
Select the Desktop
- COB Virtual Lab – READ Only desktop for ALL Students
- COB-Persona – READ and WRITE for Faculty and Staff
- Equine Lab – READ only desktop for Equine students
- Persona-SQL/SAS – By request only. This has specialized software for CIS, Accounting and MBA students. This is by written request only and must be delivered to email@example.com
- Persona MBA SAS – By request only. This was designed to host the 64-bit version of SAS Enterprise Miner.
- Stopping your session
- Click the Start button on your Windows 7 Virtual image and then click shutdown
College of Business HelpDesk 852-0154 is answered M-F 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. E-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org
UofL HELPDESK 852-7997, email@example.com can help with password and login issues.
Resources and Forms
Faculty and Staff Resources and Forms
The BizComm Consultant offers tutoring for any College of Business student or faculty member. This service helps individuals improve as writers, offering both broad and specific advice for writing at any stage of the writing process. More information.
Respect for the intellectual property of others is a cornerstone of academic integrity. Copyright law balances the rights of copyright
owners with the needs of educators by permitting certain limited uses of copyrighted material without initial permission from the copyright owner. UofL’s Copyright Guidelines & Resources.
To reserve rooms in the College of Business for events, classes, meetings, etc. please complete the events request.
To request maintenance or set up, please complete the maintenance request.
Shawn A. Blackston, Facility Manager, Room 321, (502) 852-4784
Deshawn Samuels, Facilities Coordinator, Room 365, (502) 852-6296
You need to purchase an item/job from PR/Marketing or the College of Business IT Services (print jobs, computers, etc.)
- Get an estimated quote
- Sent request of item and estimated quote to your Chair/Supervisor
- Chair approves and sends to Dean Callahan for approval
- Dean Callahan approves and sends to UBM for speedtype
- Approved request and speedtype delivered to IT/Marketing for purchase
- IT advises customer item approved and discusses timeline
- Job is processed with assigned speedtype
- Completed work/purchase delivered to customer
Click for pdf of PR/IT Services Purchasing Approval Process
The application is in Adobe PDF. Complete the form, print, sign, get supervisor’s signature, then submit to Allie Goatley.
Funds are not available to pay tuition for course academic credit, books for an academic credit course, trips that are a component of an academic degree program, etc. A staff member may not apply for staff development funds during Provisional Period (first six months of employment in the College of Business). Applications will be accepted after deadline depending on available funds. New Deadline: July 8, 2014. COB Staff Development Application Form link: COB Staff Development Application Form2014.
Faculty and Staff Resources Teaching/Classroom Info
- Course Syllabi MUST be posted on Blackboard. This is an ongoing University requirement for all course sections effective Fall 2011. More information on Course Syllabi Data Collection.
- Syllabi Guidelines (The Delphi Center has created a new site — the syllabui website. It provides guidelines about the creation, distribution, and modification of syllabi at the U of L.)
- Guidelines for College of Business syllabi: http://louisville.edu/delphi/-/files/syllabi/cob-syllabus-guidelines.pdf
- Deadlines for faculty to post their course syllabi on Blackboard:
FALL SYLLABI – OCTOBER 31
SPRING SYLLABI – MARCH 30
SUMMER SYLLABI – JUNE 30
In 2011, the university moved from a paper-based evaluation system to https://blueeval.louisville.edu/ce.
Students can go to this site to access evaluations that they need to fill out, and faculty can access reports of their completed course
evaluations here as well. Students can also access their evaluations through BlackBoard. You can log into the site using the same username/password that you would use to log into ULink.
Some of the College of Business classes are taught in Davidson Hall classrooms. The College of Business does not provide audio/visual or computers to these rooms. They must be requested by the professor through their IT Support media request: http://louisville.edu/it/departments/classroom-support/forms/belknap-campus-audiovisual-equipment-request; phone is 852-6465.