Resources for Military Members & Veterans
- Veterans.gov– provides resources related to finding Veteran friendly employers, exploring careers similar to your military role, translating military skills into civilian roles, and understanding your VA benefits.
- National and Kentucky Resources for Veterans’ Employment & Career Transition– provides access to state job boards and resources specific for veterans.
- Feds Hire Vets– Provides access to job openings and a virtual classroom that provides specific information regarding education and training, employment tools like resume handbooks, an events calendar, etc.
- GI Jobs– a website with content related to job boards, articles about employment and veterans, and military transition guides.
- Center for Minority Veterans– a U.S. government center who helps minority veterans access an understand their benefits. Includes assisting with educating veterans as potential business owners and address business related needs. Also connects veterans with various resources available through the U.S. government.
- O*NET Military Crosswalk Search– database where you can insert your Military Occupational Classification code or title (MOC) to identify civilian occupations that are similar to what you did while enlisted.