Master of Science in Business Analytics
The STEM Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is an accelerated, 1-year program with a team-based structure that creates a rich and diverse learning environment. Students work both in teams and independently to complete the coursework.
The MSBA curriculum combines information systems technologies, data modeling, and analytics with business acumen and impactful communications to develop the skills necessary to become a successful business analyst with excellent potential for professional growth. The program is designed and delivered in collaboration with local businesses to provide a realistic business orientation, increasing your skill relevance in the professional marketplace.
All classes are taught by PhD–level faculty who are extensively published and experienced in relevant areas. Faculty consult with local companies to develop realistic, demanding analytics projects that prepare students to excel in the workplace.
All students admitted into the MSBA program are required to finish two prep courses before the program’s official start. These prep courses (Python Prep and Statistics Prep) are self-paced and offered entirely online. They are designed for students without any prior exposure to the subjects, and the ideal pace of study is five weeks per course. Students who have previous exposure to the content (for example, programming experience in any language or an undergraduate statistics course) may expect to finish the courses in less time.
Gain analytical expertise and real-world business savvy.
Apply for the Campus – MSBA Campus MSBA Curriculum and degree requirements Learn more about the ONLINE – MSBA
Campus STEM MSBA Program Highlights
- GMAT optional
- 1-year program
- 11-month paid internship for qualified candidates*
- Data tools: Python, R, Tableau
- STEM-designated program that provides additional benefits for international students
- Analytics skills/techniques: Data mining, data modeling, data visualization, discrete choice modeling, machine learning, prediction algorithms, programming, statistical analysis, textual analysis, web scraping
- World-class faculty includes teachers/scholars with extensive professional experience
- 30 credit-hours in a team-based format
- $30,000 bundled tuition and fees – regardless of residency
- Real-world company data and projects to solve actual business issues through a capstone consulting project
- Personalized communication coaching to support your success
- Networking opportunities with corporate speakers, influential employers, and experts
- On-campus program in state-of-the-art facilities
- Professional career coaching with our Lifetime Career Support Promise
*competitive and not guaranteed
University trains big data experts for growing business needsLearn More
Competitive paid internship opportunities are a cornerstone of the MBA/MSBA/MSAA experience.Learn More
MSBA Admissions Checklist
A guide to help get your MSBA into the application pipelineLearn More
Graduate Program Events
Our partners provide access and expertise—ensuring your degree has sustained impact.Learn More
Contact the MSBA Graduate Programs Office
College of Business, Suite 074
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Phone: (502) 852-2169