MS in Business Analytics
The STEM Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is an accelerated, 13-month program with a team-based structure that creates a rich and diverse learning environment. Students work both in teams and independently to complete the coursework.
The MSBA curriculum combines information systems technologies, data modeling, and analytics with business acumen and impactful communications to develop the skills necessary to become a successful business analyst with excellent potential for professional growth. The program is designed and delivered in collaboration with local businesses to provide a realistic business orientation, increasing your skill relevance in the professional marketplace.
All classes are taught by Ph.D. level faculty who are extensively published and experienced in relevant areas. Faculty consult with local companies to develop realistic, demanding analytics projects that prepare students to excel in the workplace.
All students admitted into the MSBA program are required to finish two prep courses before the program’s official start. These prep courses (Python Prep and Statistics Prep) are self-paced and offered entirely online. They are designed for students without any prior exposure to the subjects, and the ideal pace of study is five weeks per course. Students who have previous exposure to the content (for example, programming experience in any language or an undergraduate statistics course) may expect to finish the courses in less time.
MSBA Spring 2021 start date: January 11, 2021
Gain analytical expertise and real-world business savvy.Start your application Curriculum and degree requirements
STEM MSBA Program Highlights
- No GMAT required
- Learn analytics tools: Python, R, SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner, Tableau
- STEM-designated program that provides additional benefits for international students
- Gain analytics skills/techniques: Data mining, data modeling, data visualization, discrete choice modeling, machine learning, prediction algorithms, programming, statistical analysis, textual analysis, web scraping
- 30-credit-hours in a team-based format
- $30,000 bundled tuition and fees – regardless of residency
- A competitive paid internship is available for those who qualify*
- Work with real-world company data and projects to solve real business issues through a capstone consulting project
- Graduate with a SAS analytics certificate included in the curriculum
- Personalized communication coaching to support your success
- Interact with corporate speakers and network with influential employers and experts
- On-campus program in state-of-the-art facilities
- Professional career coaching with our Lifetime Career Support Promise
*competitive and not guaranteed
University trains big data experts for growing business needsLearn More
Competitive paid internship opportunities* are a cornerstone of the MBA/MSBA experience. *Competitive-based and not guaranteedLearn More
MSBA Admissions Checklist
Start today to ensure your place in the application pipeline.Learn More
Graduate Program Events
Our partners provide access and expertise—ensuring your degree has sustained impact.Learn More
Contact the MSBA Graduate Programs Office
College of Business, Suite 074
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Phone: (502) 852-2169