The University of Louisville Graduate Internship Program is an innovative, unique partnership between the College of Business and the business community. Students access exceptional employment opportunities which provide real-world work experience in business settings.
A graduate internship has the potential to pay for over half of the tuition costs. That’s like getting a scholarship and resume-building work experience in one package.”Vernon Foster, Executive Director of Graduate Programs at the University of Louisville College of Business
- Identify career options through an 11-month paid internship for qualified candidates
- Apply classroom knowledge in the real world and gain professional experience
- Graduate with marketable resume credentials
- Secure employment more easily after graduation. (92% of the class of 2016 secured employment within one month of graduation.)
- Procure your own internship if you have the opportunity (subject to approval)
Throughout the program I’ve seen a significant overlap in the course material and work in my internship. It’s a remarkable experience walking into class expecting to learn concepts that will benefit me immediately, and for the rest of my career. “Trent Wong, MBA ’20
- Interns are high-quality students currently enrolled in the UofL Full-Time MBA and the MSBA program.
- They function as conventional employees during normal work hours, subject to company standards for work performance, behavior, and appearance.
- Students understand the internship comes with no guarantee of subsequent full-time employment, and any negotiation for another position is the responsibility of the student and the company.
- College of Business representatives may visit the worksite to audit the intern’s progress or for promotional purposes.
- Students understand failure to complete the internship due to dismissal by employer may result in loss of course credit or a failing grade for the internship.
- Humana: Application must be received by May 15 to be considered.
- All Other Companies: Application must be received by June 1 for priority consideration.
- Adidas: Interns are placed in a variety of areas (e.g., Sports Information/Media Relations, Marketing and Game Operations, Athletics Compliance, and Video Production, etc.) based on interest and skill set. It is a 10-month commitment (August 1-May 31) and individuals will receive a monthly stipend. The applications closed on April 1.