Accounting Career Awareness Program (ACAP)
ACAP is a 6-day summer residency program where selected students reside at the University of Louisville to attend workshop sessions, panel discussions, and site visits to learn about college majors and careers in accounting, finance, data analytics, and computer information systems.
ACAP and NABA Partnerships: ACAP was formed after NABA recognized that there was a low percentage of African Americans pursuing college degrees in Accounting and working in the profession. NABA realized there was a need for a program that could be used to increase awareness of the profession.
- Attend technical sessions to learn more about Accounting and Finance as a course of study
- Meet and hear from a panel of Accounting and Finance professionals from metro Louisville accounting firms and corporations
- Participate in corporate visits and networks with corporate executives
- Earn the requirements for becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and the importance of having a CPA certification
- Network, make new friends and develop personal skills in a real-life college setting