COB Emergency Resources: Instruction
- Delphi Center – Continuity of Instruction
UofL Delphi Center for Teaching and Learning addresses the challenges of continuing instruction without being able to meet with students face-to-face.
- Delphi Center – Technology Tools
The Delphi Center offers a diverse range of technology resources and training at the Belknap and Health Sciences Center campuses.
- STEM Online Instruction Resources
Ekstrom Library provides this LibGuide to share resources to benefit online instruction.
- Blackboard Help for Faculty
USC’s resource for using Blackboard to make courses available online.
- H-Net Repository of Resources for Teaching Online
H-Net’s network for educators to share online teaching resources.
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
Resources for online teaching, messages about self-care and coping, and reworking your strategic plan. For members only.
- Microsoft Teams auto transcribe function (useful for working with students having accessibility challenges.)
In our continuing effort to provide training and support to faculty moving classes online, the Delphi Center has created several training opportunities to address more specific needs.
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – a web conferencing tool for meeting synchronously with students.
- Panopto – a tool to record audio and/or video lectures and student presentations.
- In-Person Classroom Trainings to be held in the TILL Classroom in Ekstrom Library.
- Live Virtual Trainings to be held via Blackboard Collaborate from any location.
- Moving your Face-to-Face Course to a Remote Offering – An online training module to help you learn how to take your class online.
COB Teaching Resources — Student Resource Information Page
While the Delphi has a significant amount of resources for being a successful online student, the amount of resources available can be overwhelming to our students who just need to know the basics (and slightly more).
Abby Koenig and Kathy Gosser have created a resource for the most useful Blackboard tools for our students that have little to no experience. If you need assistance posting this or any other questions, please let Abby Koenig or Kathy Gosser know and we would be happy to help.
Accessing Information on Blackboard
How to find the COB Training module on Blackboard that all of the emails are coming from:
- Go to Blackboard.Louisville.edu and log in with your UofL credentials.
- On the left, click on Organizations.
- Toward the top of the page, click on COB_Teaching_Resources_ORGN.
- Toward the bottom of the left side menu, you will see a line called “Microsoft Teams Info.”
- The link to download Teams as well as several Microsoft tools to learning Teams are included in the second message on this page. The third message is a folder that has the documents as well as descriptions of what is in them.