Resources for Neurodiverse Students
(includes those with Autism and Aspergers)
Knowledge Building about Neurodiversity and Employment
- Presentation on Autism & Employment – Talks about challenges to individuals with Autism/Aspergers and work context, information about job searching (factors to look for), interviewing, strategies while at work, etc.
- Autism and Job Interviews Video – There are some great tips here, as the speaker is someone with Autism who hires people. This video gives perspectives from both employers and and candidates.
- Good Jobs for Asperger’s Video – Discusses stereotypes of “Aspie”-friendly jobs (ones that are socially isolated), discusses what Aspie-friendly jobs are by what essential qualities they possess (i.e. performance-based, direct-communication culture). When looking for job, you can go down the path around a passion you have or around a skill that you’re really, really good at.
- Neurodiversity Hub – Describes what neurodiversity is
- Tech Industry Career Showcase – Free recruitment event for students with Disabilities. Event opens based on time of year.
- Disability Equality Index – When job searching, people could target companies who score well on the Disability Equality Index: Look at pg. 16 of the report to see companies that scored well, like Humana, as an example. See Report.