Research: Other-Praising Emotions
The following links are some of our favorite research articles on the topic of other-praising emotions. Please share your favorites with us as well by either posting your favorites on our LinkedIn group, or by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Algoe, S. B., & Haidt, J. (2009). Witnessing excellence in action: The ‘other-praising’emotions of elevation, gratitude, and admiration. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 4(2), 105-127. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17439760802650519
- Conger, J. A., Kanungo, R. N., & Menon, S. T. (2000). Charismatic leadership and follower effects. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 21(7), 747-767. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/1099-1379(200011)21:7%3C747::AID-JOB46%3E3.0.CO;2-J?casa_token=ALOS8QwOMXYAAAAA:pRdPaURbFt0rXb9xNg4LohY0AYPOCjmFJ3vCAWI44T_lIKJICVXrSUq4rH3hDt1wOOjzkRfddoXQEOk
- Haidt, J. (2000). The positive emotion of elevation. Prevention and Treatment, 3(3), online. https://psycnet.apa.org/fulltext/2000-03082-003.html
- Joshi, A., Lazarova, M. B., & Liao, H. (2009). Getting everyone on board: The role of inspirational leadership in geographically dispersed teams. Organization Science, 20(1), 240-252. https://pubsonline.informs.org/doi/abs/10.1287/Orsc.1080.0383?casa_token=qU6AY9ch6lcAAAAA:3LNeMzG3f_FmhZx7XxrmDcmwn1_RC61u_tmYhAT3uWu2dFY1RG8XXz0zvHIIMPcVW5-34LL6G_3N
- Keltner, D., & Haidt, J. (2003). Approaching awe, a moral, spiritual, and aesthetic emotion. Cognition and Emotion, 17, 297–314. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02699930302297
- Vianello, M., Galliani, E. M., & Haidt, J. (2010). Elevation at work: The effects of leaders’ moral excellence. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 5(5), 390-411. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17439760.2010.516764