Entrepreneurship Team in the News
Our nationally ranked Entrepreneurship MBA gives you the skills, tools, confidence and connections needed to launch new businesses or provide innovative leadership at your current organization.
As the signature program of our Forcht Center for Entrepreneurship, the 20-month experience provides unmatched opportunities to learn best practices from experts, including our award-winning faculty, serial entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and regional and national business leaders.
The Entrepreneurship MBA is the ideal choice for working professionals who want to acquire the skills to jump start or redefine their career paths. An option is available and includes an internship in addition to all entrepreneurship courses.
All MBA students are encouraged to join the MBA Alumni Network prior to graduation – the official association for U of L MBA graduates. The MBA Alumni Network consists of graduates whom work together to build a community of MBA Ambassadors! They are leaders in their field as well as leaders in the community!
These three student driven opportunities plus all of the other unique components of the MBA programs make us one of the most powerful programs in the region and state! Don’t delay becoming a part of this student body population today!
As a MBA student, you will have access to a multitude of MBA clubs (Recognized Student Organizations) such as:
- Association of Women MBAs
Membership Contact: Adriane Hall
- MBA Finance Club
Membership Contact: Geoff Tinnell
- MBA Outdoor, Sports and Fitness Club
Membership Contact: Brandon Ritchie
- MBA Global Business Club
Membership Contact: Cole Crider
- MBA Management and Strategy Club
Membership Contact: Clayton Raymer
- MBA Consulting Club
Membership Contact: Kelly Schario
- MBA Wine & Cuisine Club
Membership Contact: Hex Persephone
- Entrepreneurship Club
Membership Contact: David Phillips
- Cardinal Venture Club
Membership Contact: Suzanne Bergmeister
- Business Mavericks Club
Membership Contact: Alex Steiner
- Ideal Morning Club
Membership Contact: Javier Hernandez
The various MBA clubs provide opportunities for our students to connect and engage with a variety of MBA students across cohorts, and to engage outside of the classroom!
MBA students have the opportunity to run for two class representative positions in each program. Class representatives are voted upon by their colleagues; act as a liaison for their cohort, represent the MBA Class Representative Student Council and serve during the length of their programs.
Ranked #22 best Entrepreneurship MBA program in the U.S.
- Entrepreneurial focus builds awareness of how to identify and act upon new opportunities in every business segment – critical skills every successful organization values
- Cohort format offers energizing, diverse team-building and problem-solving experience
- Guest speakers bring contemporary corporate culture into classrooms
- Regional, national and international business plan competitions build presentation skills, confidence and leadership qualities
- Corporate consulting projects deliver learning experiences in real-world environments
- International study trip (included) delivers global experience and expanded networking contacts
- Consistently ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine and The Princeton Review
- World-class faculty with extensive entrepreneurship experience
- New wing opened June 2012 houses the Forcht Center entrepreneurship facilities
- Alumni include top performers in global business plan competitions including #1 team of the world
- Evening classes two nights a week and some Friday nights and Saturdays
- Participation in other Forcht Center programs, including Louisville Venture Connectors and Cardinal Venture Fund II
- Participation in university-sponsored business plan competitions with potential for national and international competition experiences
- Undergrad business degree not required
- No pre-requisite courses
- Mentor program: Be one or get one
- Tuition costs are identical regardless of residency
Sample Entrepreneurship MBA Curriculum
Entrepreneurship MBA Early Admit- $1,000 Scholarship – Students accepted into the Entrepreneurship MBA by the priority deadline of May 1 receive this scholarship.
|Fall I||Spring I||Summer I|
|Economics of Strategy
New Venture Creation
Team Dynamics I
Business Plan Development
Team Dynamics II
|Fall II||Spring II|
Brand Building & Market Communications
Information Technology Strategy
Franchise Strategy or Elective
Managing for the Future or Elective
|Corporate & Global Strategy
Business Plan Competition OR