Mentors provide students with real-life professional connections that go beyond classroom experiences. Our program matches exceptional students with extraordinary working professionals who dedicate time and expertise in helping students reach their potential. Together they troubleshoot issues, explore opportunities, and launch careers. Mentor relationships are focused but flexible; many result in long-term professional connections shaped by trust and mutual respect.
The Business Undergraduate Mentoring Program (B.U.M.P.) offers students an opportunity to explore professional objectives and learn more about their chosen field of study.
- Learn how course work and co-curricular activities relate to jobs in the real world
- Acquire firsthand, up-to-date information about career options
- Discuss career goals with knowledgeable individuals who have similar backgrounds
- Discover career paths you may not have previously considered
- Grow as a leader and learn from experienced professionals
- Put your expertise to good use
- Discover where the next generation of business leaders is headed
- Grow as a leader and experienced professional
B. U. M. P. – Business Undergraduate Mentoring Program
Provided by the Ulmer Career Center, B.U.M.P. gives students an opportunity to broaden their learning experience through several meetings with high-level business executives in the community.
Who is eligible? Undergraduate College of Business students who have completed at least 60 credit hours (as of August, 2012) and a have minimum GPA of 3.25.
How is the Program structured? Mentors and mentees will commit to meeting at least 4 times from October to April. Mentors will be identified based on the interests and career goals of the students who are accepted into the program. The agenda for these meetings will be determined by each mentor and mentee, and might include attending company meetings, discussing mentee career goals, discussion of a case study, or attending other relevant meetings or events.
How do I apply?
- Interested students should contact the Ulmer Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 852-0341.
What is the selection process?
- Applicants will be interviewed in May by a member of the Ulmer Center staff and representatives from the business community. Students will be notified if they have been selected for the program and matched with a mentor in August.
BE A MENTOR OR GET ONE!
If you have questions about the mentor program, call the Ulmer Center at (502) 852-7756 or via email – contact us.