Certificate in Accounting
Prepare for a successful accounting career in just 9 courses.
We’d Love to Hear From You!
Whether you’re curious about format, certificate features, or even the instructors, we’re ready to answer any and all questions.
Gain new accounting expertise and build a stronger career with UofL’s online Accounting Certificate Program.
Strengthen your practical accounting skills and prepare to pursue managerial roles across the business landscape, including small businesses, for-profit, non-profit, and governmental organizations. No bachelor’s degree required.
- Increase your ability to understand accounting and bookkeeping practices
- Learn in a 100% online environment — access your course anywhere, anytime, and on any device
- Earn the accounting credit hours needed to sit for the Kentucky CPA exam*
- Complete the certificate program in 3-4 semesters
- Connect and network with students in various industries
*A bachelor’s degree and an additional 12 credit hours are required for KY CPA exam eligibility.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of accountants and auditors is expected to grow 11% through 2024, which is 4% faster than the average for all occupations. As of 2018, the median annual salary in this field across all occupations was $70,500, with the top 10% earning more than $122,840.
Earn your degree from the nationally-ranked AACSB Accredited UofL College of Business. Synonymous with academic excellence, only the top 15 percent of all business schools in the nation are AACSB accredited, and only 3% of accounting programs are separately accredited. We hold both of those designations.