Certificate in Accounting
Become a more successful CPA or accountant in just 7 courses.*
Prepare for a successful career in accounting and gain eligibility to sit for the CPA exam with UofL’s online Accounting Certificate Program.
Strengthen your practical accounting skills and prepare to pursue managerial roles across the business landscape, including small businesses, for-profit, non-profit, and governmental organizations.
Start or advance your accounting career and become an expert in the language of business.
- Increase your ability to understand accounting and bookkeeping practices
- Learn in a 100% online environment — access your course anywhere, anytime, and on any device
- Gain eligibility to sit for the Kentucky CPA exam
- Complete the certificate program in 3-4 semesters
- Connect and network with students in various industries
*A bachelor’s degree and 6 accounting prerequisites required for enrollment in the certificate program.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of accountants and auditors is expected to grow 11% through 2024, which is 4% faster than the average for all occupations. As of 2018, the median annual salary in this field across all occupations was $70,500, with the top 10% earning more than $122,840.
Earn your degree from the nationally-ranked AACSB Accredited UofL College of Business. Synonymous with academic excellence, only the top 15 percent of all business schools in the nation are AACSB accredited, and only 3% of accounting programs are separately accredited. We hold both of those designations.