KDA Lifting Spirits Graduate Scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED. Get notified when applications are being accepted again by filling out the form below.Step 1: Enroll in the Certificate
Honoring the Craft
Reflecting Our Community
Developed in partnership with the University of Louisville College of Business, the Kentucky Distillers’ Association (KDA) Lifting Spirits Scholar program empowers and equips diverse students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel as scholars and business professionals in the distilled spirits industry.
KDA Scholars will enhance their resumes with real-world experience, develop meaningful relationships with leading industry executives, and learn the unique culture of these KDA member distilleries.
Driven by the program’s four pillars of academic achievement, educational excellence, professional development, and community building, the program provides opportunities that allow students to be both learners and leaders throughout their certificate experience.
Each KDA Lifting Spirits Scholar will receive a full scholarship covering the tuition for the Distilled Spirits Certificate.
Applications for the KDA Lifting Spirits Graduate Scholarship are closed, but if you are interested in future KDA scholarships and would like to be notified when the application window opens, complete this form.
Five Scholarships Available
- Enroll in the Distilled Spirits Certificate program
- Possess an undergraduate bachelors degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 2.5 or higher (other conditions may apply — please contact us for details)
- Demonstrate an interest in a career in Distilled Spirits through a personal statement or essay, as part of the application process
- Articulate your life challenges and a financial need through a short essay, as part of the application process
- Matriculate through the certificate program within 12 months
Your Path to an MBA
The Distilled Spirits Certificate is an ideal jumpstart to earning your MBA at the University of Louisville.
Although this is a “standalone” graduate-level program, the Distilled Spirits Business Certificate credits count directly toward the elective requirements for one of our UofL College of Business on-campus MBAs (Professional MBA or Full-Time MBA), or our Online MBA.
The KDA Scholarship fully funds your Distilled Spirits Certificate tuition — it’s like a free downpayment on your future!
Apply Today!Learn more about the UofL MBA