London Travel Guides

I spend ten days in London during Christmas and New Year Eve. UK is great and it’s different from USA. The following information I will talk about some travel guides to you.

First, when you come to UK, the voltage in Britain is the same as that in EU countries, which is 230 volts. But you need to prepare a conversion plug, British plug’s shape is different from USA.

Second, if you spend more than two days in Loncon, you can buy the London Pass, it includes more than 70 attractions you can go for free, such as Tower of London, Thames River Boat Cruise and Westminster Abbey. It will help you save a lot of money. In addition, all of museum are free in the UK. For convenience, you should buy oyster card which is the transportation card in London, single ride to take subway is 2.4 pounds and 1.5 pounds to take bus. London divides into many zones, but most of attractions are within zone 1. No matter how many times you take the subway or bus, deduction of up to 6.8 pounds a day within zone 1 and zone 2. It’s very expensive to take taxi in London, but I am not sure the price, because I haven’t took taxi when I was in London.

Furthermore, there is a question in the UK. How to tip in UK? European countries are not mandatory tip. In general, it’s not uncommon to tip in the UK. Some restaurants have ‘Service Included’ on the bill, so there’s no need to tip.

There are lots of delicious food in the London. So you don’t worry you will hungry. If you come to UK, you should try the afternoon tea, there are many flavor of cakes and tea you could choose. When you dine in, it will be expensive than take away. For example, you buy a cake and take away, it only spends 2.95 pounds. Or spend 4.25 pounds to eat in the café.

Leave a Reply