The Dean’s Fellow Scholarship
in Business Analytics
Nominate an international student.
Create opportunities for them and for our community.
Nominate a student for a transformative academic and professional experience. Assist Louisville in attracting and nurturing the world’s best students and future leaders.
Turn potential and promise into professional reality for a deserving student pursuing our high-impact Master of Science in Business Analytics degree. At the same time, you will help the university and the city attract the talent it needs to grow and thrive. If you have relatives and friends from other parts of the world, consider this opportunity to connect good candidates with this remarkable program.
As a sponsor, you will partner with us to deliver an extraordinary educational experience throughout the student’s time in the program and beyond.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Quantitative coursework demonstrating aptitude and achievement in math (college algebra, calculus, and linear algebra), science, or engineering
- A three-year bachelor’s degree for international students is acceptable if the applicant’s grades are strong and the program of study included significant quantitative coursework
- Work experience is beneficial but not required, and is especially helpful if focused on analytics or coding
Have questions about the qualifications of your nominee? Contact us for more information or to discuss any special circumstances.
Advantages for International Students
Rigorous and Affordable. In just over one year, the UofL MSBA program transforms students from novice to expert in business analytics by providing:
- High-level programming and analytical skills
- Real-world work experience
- A SAS Certification
- The opportunity for CPT and OPT visa status
In addition to this $2,500 scholarship, students have the opportunity for an 11-month paid internship opportunity*(CPT), offsetting the cost of tuition by as much as 80%.
Nominating a student doesn’t cost you anything
But provides many benefits for the student you select
Provide a student with a $2500 scholarship and an enhanced educational experience
- Identify an excellent candidate or candidates
- Assist the application process by being available for conversations about Louisville, the program, and the job market for graduates during the time the application is in process
- Attend a welcoming dinner with the Dean, faculty, and students
- Meet with the student – perhaps for a meal or coffee – at least once per semester (there are three semesters)
- Attend other events such as cricket matches, UofL athletic events, or other events planned by the program as often as possible to help build the student’s network
- Be available to support the student’s success and to ensure a safe and positive experience
- Students gain high-level programming and analytical skills and improved professional business savvy
- 30 or 33 credit-hours over 13 months
- 11-month competitive paid internship opportunity*
- STEM certified providing CPT or OPT benefits**
- SAS certification awarded upon graduation***
- Tuition is $30,000 USD
The University of Louisville offers a high level of practical and cultural support for our international students. International student organizations and community groups are connected with students to assist in addressing the challenges of studying in a different culture.
* Internships are competitive and not guaranteed
*** Curriculum satisfies the requirements for a SAS certificate
- R and Python Programming
- SAS (includes SAS certification)
- Probability and Statistics
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Operations Research
- Data Visualization
Do you have questions about nominating a student?
Complete the form and we will get back with you right away.
Need more information?
Visit the MSBA program page.MSBA PROGRAM DETAILS