The University of Louisville Graduate Internship Program is an innovative, unique partnership between the College of Business and the business community. Students access exceptional employment opportunities which provide real-world work experience in business settings.
Humana: Application must be received in May.
All Other Companies: Application must be received by June 1.
- Identify career options through an 11-month paid internship (competitive, not guaranteed)
- Gain valuable professional experience in real-world business situations
- Graduate with marketable resume credentials
- 92% of the class of 2016 secured employment within one month of graduation.
- Students have the option of procuring their own internship (subject to approval)
- Interns are high-quality students currently enrolled in the UofL Full-Time MBA program.
- They function as conventional employees during normal work hours, subject to company standards for work performance, behavior and appearance.
- Students understand the internship comes with no guarantee of subsequent full-time employment, and any negotiation for another position is the responsibility of the student and the company.
- College of Business representatives may visit the worksite to audit the intern’s progress or for promotional purposes.
- Students understand failure to complete the internship due to dismissal by employer may result in loss of course credit or a failing grade for the internship.
- The internship position is part-time (25-30 hours per week) with a duration of 11-months coinciding with the MBA program schedule.
- The position provides meaningful, challenging work that benefits the employer’s goals and the career interests of the student.
- Compensation includes a suggested monthly salary of $2,275 and coverage by the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance.
- The position will allow the student to attend class three evenings per week (Mon., Wed., & Fri. beginning at 6 p.m.). Employer also agrees to student’s absence during a 10-day international learning experience.
- Employer agrees to complete two evaluations of student performance based on MBA program requirements and employer expectations during the internship period.
For More Information:
- Contact the Executive Director of MBA Programs, Vernon Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org 502.852.2855.