Todd Mooradian, Ph.D.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
It is a great honor to arrive as the Dean at the College of Business at the University of Louisville. This is a time of challenges both for the world at large and for the school. But more important, it is a time of great opportunities. The University and the College of Business are well prepared and well positioned, and I am incredibly optimistic about our future and the people who define it.
The University of Louisville is a world-class institution with a global brand. We’re educating tomorrow’s leaders. We’re improving the economies and the communities of Louisville, the region, and the world. And we’re creating the new knowledge that will shape the future. We are indeed trying to change the world—and we’re succeeding at that every day!
There is a convergence of factors that make this an especially exciting time to be at the College of Business:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation. One important factor is the increasing recognition that entrepreneurship and free market dynamics drive American economic success and improve lives. Now, more than ever, entrepreneurship is essential to economic growth, job creation, and prosperity. The College of Business has a well-recognized strength in educating entrepreneurs and launching impactful new ventures.Our forte in entrepreneurship is related to our understanding and promotion of innovation writ large. All business leaders—whether in new ventures or existing organizations—must identify important opportunities and craft creative solutions to complex problems. At the College of Business, we instill in emerging leaders the ability to innovate, a tolerance for risk and change, and methods to identify and evaluate business opportunities.The Entrepreneurship MBA is ranked 81st in the world out of over 4,000 Master’s programs. Two of our Entrepreneurship MBA student teams (TNG Pharmaceuticals and InScope Medical Solutions) won the highly prestigious Global Venture Labs Investment Competition and have gone on to launch successful businesses bringing world-changing technologies to market. Our undergraduate students can complement their business degrees with a minor in entrepreneurship. And our military veterans benefit by participating in VetStart, an innovative free program that teaches veterans the skills needed to launch their own businesses.
- Globalization. Another factor that makes this an especially exciting time to join the College of Business is the increasing success and depth of our international programs on the undergraduate and graduate level. Our robust undergraduate education abroad program sends students around the world for classes and to experience other cultures. Every year students study abroad in over 19 countries.The Fulbright Scholar program takes this a step further by sending our brightest students to over 140 countries. The University of Louisville has been one of the highest producers of Fulbright Scholars, more than any other U.S. research university. We provide more Fulbright Scholars than all other Kentucky public universities combined. Ten College of Business undergraduates were among the designated Scholars over the past 10 years. Their study includes countries like Indonesia, Macau, Australia, and Bulgaria among others.Our MBA international study trip follows suit as one of the highlights of the MBA program. It has been touted by MBA graduates as transformational in their understanding of business abroad. Our Global MBA program hosts European students here on campus for four months through a partnership with Akademie Würth Business School in Germany.
- Focused offerings. Executives and students are increasingly looking for focused programs – degree and non-degree that meet specific needs at the specific times and places they occur. The College of Business has a track record producing high-value-added offerings targeting specific needs and we’re going to be building more of these. For example, The UofL College of Business Equine Industry Program is the world’s only equine industry program housed within an AACSB accredited college of business. Most equine programs teach the care of horses and the maintenance of agricultural facilities, but our Equine Program is all about giving students solid business principles specific to the equine industry and helping them enter the workforce with this specialized business knowledge.
An organization is fortunate to have strengths like these. But at the end of the day, an organization like the College of Business is a human enterprise defined by its people. As I have arrived here I have to say: The most outstanding attribute is its people! People here are talented, enquiring, and engaged – and the energy is extraordinary. At the College of Business, we share a few core, compelling values. We are:
- Diverse and Inclusive. We are an accepting and supportive community that invests in each person’s safety and success, and that prepares tomorrow’s leaders and executives to succeed in the diverse and multicultural workplaces of the future.
- Open and Innovative. We are an intellectual community that values inquisitiveness, new ideas, critical and rigorous thinking, and innovation. The innovations and ideas that will drive tomorrow’s economy are in our classroom and research laboratories today, and we train our students to continue innovating and inventing for their lifetimes.
- Excellent and Aspirational. We challenge ourselves and others to take risks, to grow, and to achieve excellence in all that we do. Like everyone, we sometimes stumble. But here we learn to tolerate risk, to accept disappointments, and to persevere toward success. We are a world-class business school contributing to the economies and communities of our city, our state, and the world with important ideas that change business practices and change lives.
If you are a student, staff member, partner, or faculty member in our organization, or if you’re just joining the College of Business we welcome you. We are committed to your success.
Welcome to the College of Business at the University of Louisville.
Todd Mooradian, Ph.D.