Project Management: Practical Application (36 PDUs)
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Fundamentals of Project Management or equivalent training. This requirement is waived for those with PMP® certification or evidence of completion of formal project management education. Individuals with a Project Management Professional® certification may take this seminar to earn professional development units (PDUs) for the credential’s continuing certification requirements.
This seminar focuses on the practical application and best practices of the project management processes outlined in the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge® (PMBOK).
- Project Integration
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Scope Change Control
- Earned Value Analysis
- Network Flow Diagramming
- Critical Path Analysis and Management
- Team Development
- Risk Response Planning
“I appreciated that the instructors were all professionals, and more importantly, practitioners who are actually out there doing the job every day.”H. Ray Pait, Jr.
Project Management Certificate Holder and Instructor
Practical Application Program Options:
- All classes meet on ShelbyHurst Campus
- Fall and Spring sessions meet once a week on Thursdays, 6-9 p.m.
- The Summer Intensive meets Mondays and Thursdays, 6–9 p.m. for four weeks, allowing you to fast-track your Project Management Certificate.
$1,960 (Includes materials)
2019 – 2020 Program Dates:
- Fall Session: 9/5/19 – 11/21/19
- Spring Session: 3/5/20-5/28/20 (Derby Week Break on 4/30)
- Summer Fast Track: Mondays & Thursdays, 6/15/20 – 7/23/20
- Fall: Thursdays, 9/3/20 – 11/19/20 (Note: No Thanksgiving Break in 2019; Thanksgiving is on 11/26)
Does your company pay for training? Register here:Bill My Company
Stay Notified of Upcoming Classes
Interested to learn about our other programs? Check out our program schedule. Or sign up and we will keep you informed about future educational offerings.Notify Me
Once you complete this seminar, you will earn your Project Management Certificate from UofL, which will satisfy the formal education requirements needed to apply for the Project Management Professional® (PMP®) and Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM®) exams.
If you need help preparing for the PMP® exam, we offer a 12-week facilitated study seminar. It is also a great preparation program for those seeking the CAPM® credential.