Grant Writing Certificate
About the Certificate
Through this intensive, hands-on workshop, you will walk away with the knowledge and skills of how to develop a competitive grant proposal.
Over three days you will draft all sections of a grant proposal, including a needs statement, goal/case statement, objectives, project description, logic model, program evaluation, budget and budget justification. You will also learn tools and techniques that will set your grant proposal apart.
This program is ideal for the beginner or intermediate grants professional working in education or a grant-ready nonprofit organization. The program will help grant-seeking become less intimidating.
Grant Writing Certificate:
July 8 – 10, 2020
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(includes instruction, seminar manual, refreshments, certificate of completion and parking)
Certificate courses fill up early. Get on the list to secure your seat.
You’ll walk away with:
- The basic elements of a competitive grant application already developed
- The best style of writing for grant proposals
- An understanding of how successful organizations pre-plan for grants
- Tips for finding grant opportunities
- Next steps when a grant is not funded
- This program is valid for 19.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSMSM or SHRM-SCPSMSM
Is your organization grant ready?
Grant-ready organizations meet the following criteria:
- IRS Designation as a 501(c)(3)
- Mission statement is documented
- Strategic plan or identified priorities and/or specific funding needs to be outlined
- List of board members and their professional affiliations
- Resumes collected for all key employed staff
- Financial management system in place
- Basic financial audit/review completed annually
- The organization has met all local, state, and federal reporting requirements
- Sufficient technology and skills to submit grant application and all required reports online
- Can demonstrate experience managing a grant and/or funding
Stay Notified of Upcoming Classes
Interested to learn about our other programs? Check out our other Seminars. Or sign up and we will keep you informed about future educational offerings.Notify Me