Teach: Humility Tools
The tools on this page can be adapted to teach humility, deference or modesty.
• Request tools created by the Project on Positive Leadership
• Tell our community about how you use these tools and ask other users for advice on our LinkedIn groups page
• If you have tools you like to use and are willing to share them with us, let us know
Arrogance, Humility, and Timidity Stories
Free tool available upon request from the Project on Positive Leadership.
- Author: Ryan Quinn
- Date: 2020
- Series: Virtues and Vices
- Pages: 5
- Summary: This is one of the tools that makes up the Project on Positive Leadership’s “Virtues and Vices” series of instructional tools. It contains four stories of humility, arrogance, or timidity. A tool with multiple stories enables students to examine what is required to exhibit ideal humility across different settings, and to account for the differing perspectives of multiple stakeholders. Each story includes carefully-crafted reflection questions to provoke the students’ learning, to prepare them for class, to prepare themselves to practice humility, and to motivate them to be more mindful about their approach to leadership.
Olam International: Sowing the Seeds of Humility throughout the Organisation
- Price: $4.25
- By Michael Bashshur, Michael Daniels, Sarita Mathur
- Singapore Management University
- Publication Date: 2016
- Summary: This case examines the relationship between leader humility and a culture of humility in an organization. Instructors can ask participants to identify specific acts of humility and their effects. It may also be important to facilitate discussion about how one might display ideal humility when one does not occupy the highest-power position in the organization.