Teach: Resilience Tools
The tools on this page can be adapted to teach resilience, determination, grit, perseverance, or persistence.
• If you would like to request those tools which were created by the Project on Positive Leadership, please click here.
• Please tell our community about how you use these tools and ask people for advice about how they use the tools on our LinkedIn groups page.
• If you have tools that you like to use when teaching resilience, and you are willing to share them with us, please let us know by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Author: Ryan Quinn
• Date: 2020
• Series: Virtues and Vices
• Pages: 6
• Summary: This is one of the tools that makes up the Project on Positive Leadership’s “Virtues and Vices” series of instructional tools. It contains four stories of resilience, fragility, or stubbornness. A tool with multiple stories enables students to examine what is required to exhibit ideal resilience across different settings, and to account for the differing perspectives of multiple stakeholders. Each story includes carefully-crafted reflection questions to provoke the students’ learning, to prepare them for class, to prepare themselves to practice resilience, and to motivate them to be more mindful about their approach to leadership.
The Resilience Factor: 7 Keys to Finding Your Inner Strength and Overcoming Life’s Hurdles
- Book (and activities)
- Price: $11.99 to $54.66
- By Karen Reivich and Andrew Shatte
- Publication Date: 2003
- Summary: Rather than assign the whole book, instructors may wish to use only the chapters on assessment and on the seven skills. These contain exercises the instructor can do with students related to resilience.
- Book and Assessment
- Price: $9.88 to $13.99 for the book, the assessment is free
- By Angela Duckworth
- Porchlight Books
- Publication Date: 2018
- Assessment: https://angeladuckworth.com/grit-scale/
- Summary: Duckworth’s book is a bestseller, and people love filling out and talking about assessments. This one is short and simple.