FreeSpeak is a podcast brought to you by the Center for Free Enterprise at the University of Louisville College of Business. In each episode, we’ll talk about the role of free enterprise and principled entrepreneurship in improving the well-being of society. We’ll speak with people making the news and making lives better, including business owners, entrepreneurs, authors, and economists.
Most Recent Episode: Eric Schansberg
On this timely episode of FreeSpeak, host Steve Gohmann talks to Eric Schansberg, author and professor of economics at Indiana University Southeast. Steve and Eric discuss a wide range of topics related to criminal justice.Listen to the Episode
Listen to all our episodes on the official FreeSpeak SoundCloud page.
The COVID-19 Episodes
During the COVID-19 crisis, FreeSpeak episodes will focus on topics related to the economics of the pandemic and will feature a discussion led by Center director Dr. Stephen Gohmann. New episodes premiere on Wednesday mornings.
- Episode 1: Dr. Jose Fernandez and Dr. Conor Lennon, UofL College of Business
- Episode 2: Dr. Daniel Bennett, Baylor University (Pt.1)
- Episode 3: Dr. Daniel Bennett, Baylor University (Pt. 2)
- Episode 4: Dr. Gary Wagner, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Episode 5: Dr. Ben Powell, Free Market Institute at Texas Tech University
- Episode 6: Dr. Josh Pinkston, UofL College of Business
- Episode 7: Dr. Isabel Botero, UofL Family Business Center
- Episode 8: Lars Smith, University of Louisville’s Louis D. Brandeis School of Law
- Episode 9: Bob Luddy, Captive Aire (Pt. 1)
- Episode 10: Bob Luddy (Pt. 2)
- Episode 11: Abigail Blanco, Bellarmine University (Pt.1)
- Episode 12: Abigail Blanco (Pt. 2)
- Episode 13: Ethan Volk, College of Business student
- Episode 14: Tessa Chilton, College of Business student
- Episode 15: Bella Beilman, College of Business SGA president
Menard Family Lecture Series: They Say it Can’t Be Done (Documentary)
Clifton Taulbert: The Comprehensive Impact of an Entrepreneurial Journey
James Otteson: Honorable Business. A Framework For Business in a Just and Humane Society
Bob Lawson & Ben Powell: Two Economists Drink Their Way Through the Unfree World
Rob Kapilow: All You Have to do is Listen
Magatte Wade: The Moral Impact of Entrepreneurship
Bitcoin, Blockchain, & Central Bank Digital Currency
with David Andolfatto & Julie Stackhouse
Pay for Play in the NCAA Panel Discussion
Naomi Brockwell & Sasha Hodder: Bitcoin & Regulation– Can they coexist?
Will Luther: Is Bitcoin a Bubble?
Tyler Cowen: Is Big Tech Evil? What Do the Economics Say?
Matt Ridley: Optimism & Innovation
Vince Tyra: Business Values on the Field & in the Office
Archived Media/Past Events