The UofL Equine Saddle Seat Team, competed in the Intercollegiate Saddle Seat Riding Association’s National Championship Horse Show April 11 at the Alltech Arena at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky. Coached by Deveau Zubrod, the 2013 National Champions, came back toting many ribbons for their accomplishments.
The ISSRA, formed in 2008, gives college students a chance to show American Saddlebred, Morgan, Arabian and other trotting horses without having to own a horse. Colleges competing at this year’s National Championship Show were: Eastern Kentucky University, Marshall University, Morehead State University, Northern Kentucky University, University of Illinois, University of Kentucky and University of Louisville. Morehead State University won the team championship.
UofL’s Jenny McGown was Reserve Champion High Point Senior Rider for the SSRA National Championship Show, earned Senior Reserve High Point Rider for the 2013-2014 show season, and received a prize for Open Rider of the Year. In addition she took First Place in Open Saddle Seat Pattern aboard Katadarma, and Second Place on Louis in Open Saddle Seat Equitation.
- Kristen Smith took First Place in Open Saddle Seat Equitation aboard Magic
- Christine Oser finished 6th in both Open Limit Saddle Seat Equitation on Nina, and Open Limit Saddle Seat Pattern on Archie.
- Ellis Mitchell finished 2nd on Katadarma in Beginner Walk Trot Canter Saddle Seat Equitation
- Tori Gray finished 5th on Chemistry and Emily Robinson finished 6th on Archie in Novice Saddle Seat Equitation.
- Maggie Hall finished 3rd aboard Chester in Advanced Saddle Seat Pattern.
- Alex Foster finished 2nd on Beau and Tori Gray finished 5th on Chemistry in Novice Saddle Seat Pattern.
- The UofL Coach Deveau Zubrod won the Coaches Class aboard Genie!
For more information on our Equine Business Program, please visit business.louisville.edu/equine