From our generous donors, the total awarded in cash and scholarships for 2012-13 exceeded $300,000.
Thank you to our 2012 Donors!
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE was JANUARY 25, 2013
The 2013 Scholarships & Awards Ceremony will be held Tuesday, April 23, 4:00 – 5:30 PM, Brown & Williamson Club at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
Each year, the College of Business hosts a Scholarship & Awards ceremony. In addition to being a time to recognize the achievements of the students, the annual reception is an opportunity for students to personally meet and thank the generous donors who provided money for their scholarships. Families are invited and many proud parents attended.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You may apply for College of Business scholarships if you are currently majoring in any of the College of Business programs, including Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Economics, Equine, Finance, and Marketing or if you are a graduate student. Individual eligibility is determined by the scholarship selection committee.
- If you are an incoming freshman or are transferring from a different university you may be eligible for College of Business scholarship funds. This will be determined by your admissions application. DO NOT apply via the College of Business scholarship online application.
When and How to Apply
- If you meet the eligibility requirements listed above, you may apply via our online application between mid-November to January 25, 2013. The specific dates are posted on this page in early November.
- You only need to apply once to be considered for most available scholarships. Exceptions include the Rotary Leadership Program for graduate students and the UofL Alumni Association Beth K. Fields Scholarship These scholarships follow different application timelines than the general scholarships.
Completing the Application
- You will be asked to fill out personal information including your student id number, prior schools attended and current financial aid received. You will also be asked to upload a personal statement. Some scholarships may require a separate essay or letter of recommendation; these scholarships are indicated on the online application. You will NOT need to indicate the scholarship(s) for which you are applying.
- You may begin your application, save your information and return later to complete the application once you have determined what extra information you need.
Renewability of Scholarships
- Renewability varies. Please contact Susie Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for specific details regarding your scholarship.
- If you received a scholarship that is deemed renewable, you MUST re-apply via our online application each academic year.
Notification of Scholarship Reward
- Scholarships decisions (excluding the above mentioned exceptions) are made in March and award letters are mailed by April. If you are offered a scholarship and accept, you and your donor will be invited to a formal awards celebration so you may be honored and meet your donor.
- Our scholarships are used for tuition reimbursement and are awarded directly to your University of Louisville bursar account. If you have an outstanding balance, the funds will first be used to pay the balance.
Additional UofL and External Scholarships
- Visit the UofL scholarship page and research scholarship opportunities on the internet. There are lots of funds out there; see what you can find!
- Freshmen Scholarships through University of Louisville Financial Aid (Admissions)
- Veterans – see http://louisville.edu/veterans link for information on benefits available to you.
- The College of Business also designates special awards each year to outstanding students. Students do not apply for awards. All recipients are nominated by faculty or the College of Business student council.
- Graduate Student Assistantship – Graduate students may also Apply For a Graduate Assistantship, which is not part of the general scholarship application.
- YPAL Scholarship for Full-Time MBA
- The Society of Marketing Professional Services Kentucky