The UofL College of Business Master of Accountancy (MAC) program is a 34-credit hour program aimed at individuals planning to complete the CPA examination and begin their careers in public accounting. Designed with the working professional in mind, this degree offers a convenient evening class schedule (with an additional Becker CPA Review program meeting on Saturdays). Earn your degree in just 13 months.
The UofL School of Accountancy is one of only 187 accounting programs throughout the world that are separately accredited by AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). Less than 2% of the accounting programs in the world achieve this separate accreditation.
The UofL MAC places an increased emphasis on analytics. Nearly a third of our degree credits explores the analysis and impact of data. As the demand for analytics continues to grow, our MAC graduates will be able to develop, articulate, and apply data-driven business strategies.
First-Person Global Business Experience
A highlight of the UofL College of Business MAC, the annual 10-day international study trip provides a first-hand understanding of global business as well as deep cultural immersion. The international study trip is included in the tuition cost of the MAC program (excluding airfare).
MAC Program Highlights
- 34 credit hours over three semesters
- Sit for the CPA exam while in MAC program
- Cohort-based approach fosters collaborative and develops team leadership skills
- Outstanding technical knowledge in all major aspects of accountancy with a focus on analytics and developing sharp skills
- World-class faculty includes teachers with extensive professional experience
- An immersive, 10-day international study trip — included with tuition (excluding airfare)
- Lifetime access to the Ulmer Career Management Center services
|Financial Statement Analysis||3.0|
|Advanced Accounting Information Systems||3.0|
|CPA Prep AUD||1.0|
|CPA Prep FAR||1.0|
|CPA Prep REG||1.0|
|CPA Prep BEC||1.0|
|Consolidation Accounting and Currency Translation||1.5|
|Advanced Business Analytics||1.5|
|Advanced Excel for Analytics||1.5|
|Storytelling with Data||1.5|
|Total Statistics / Analytics||7.5|
|Capstone Project I||1.5|
|Design Thinking and Problem Solving||1.5|
|Capstone Project II||1.5|
|Global Learning, International Trip||1.5|
|Cybersecurity Tools and Solutions||1.5|
|Total Sharp Skills||10.5|
*Course titles subject to change