Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship Assurance of Learning
The learning goals for the Entrepreneurship Ph.D. program is for its graduates to possess the following attributes:
- An understanding of the general principles of scientific research
- The ability to design valid measurement tools
- The ability to teach entrepreneurship
- The possession of current knowledge of entrepreneurship as a field of research
- The ability to complete doctoral level research in entrepreneurship
- The ability to identify and respond to ethical issues in entrepreneurship
The learning goals for our MBA programs are common to all programs, with the exception of a sixth goal for students in the internship track of our Full Time MBA program and a sixth goal for students in the Entrepreneurship MBA pursuing the business plan competition path. Graduates of the MBA programs should possess the following attributes:
- Be Knowledgeable in Functional Areas
- Be Problem Solvers
- Be Effective Communicators
- Be Team Players
- Have an interdisciplinary & global perspective
And as applicable:
- Have a meaningful professional work experience (Full-Time MBA – Internship Track)
- Compete in local, regional, national, and global business plan competitions (Entrepreneurship MBA Business Plan Competition track)
Master of Accountancy
The goal of the MAC program is for its graduates to possess the following attributes:
- Graduates will possess sufficient technical accounting knowledge to prepare for and pass the CPA exam.
- Graduates will have a framework for dealing with ethical dilemmas, demonstrate an understanding of the profession’s code of conduct, and apply major statutory and common law principles to professional liability.
- Graduates will be able to identify business, professional, accounting, or tax problems and formulate solutions, using research skills and appropriate technology, for complex, multidimensional, real world, factual situations.
- Graduates will be able to communicate both orally and in writing, complex business, professional, accounting, and tax issues, to diverse business audiences.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the general business environment and business concepts necessary to understand the underlying business reasons for and accounting implications of transactions and the skills necessary to apply that knowledge.
Undergraduate Learning & Program Goals
The goal of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is for its graduates to possess the following attributes:
- Be competent in their discipline
- Be able to apply critical thinking skills in making decisions and solving problems
- Have an awareness of ethical issues
- Be effective communicators
- Be knowledgeable of business disciplines
- Be competent with technology
- Have awareness of the global business environment
B.S.E./B.A. in Economics
The goal of the Bachelor of Science in Economics and Bachelor of Arts in Economics is for its graduates to possess the following attributes:
- An awareness of economic institutions, concepts, and problems; and the ability to think like an economist when making decisions. This implies the following student outcomes:
- To be competent in their discipline.
- To be problem solvers.
- To be effective communicators.
- To be competent with technology.
- To have an understanding of the global economy.