Lean Startup Training for Start-ups and Early Stage Companies
- Prime your business for product launch and/or investment
- Prepare an investor- or consumer-oriented pitch
- Intensive 10-week course with coaching
- Understand the value of a Minimal Viable Product
- Validate your market prior to launch
Who Should Attend
- Startups and early stage companies of all kinds
- Established companies planning to launch a new product or initiative
- UofL researchers that would like to commercialize an innovation
- UofL staff and students with an idea for a new business
- Weekly Thursday classes
- 10 weeks
- 6:00-9:00 pm
February 15, 2018 — April 19, 2018
- iHub (204 S. Floyd) on JD Nichols Campus for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- $895 per person
- $250/person for the second and third person involved in the same startup or business
- About 30 minutes each week listening to the Steve Blank Udacity course “How to Build a Startup” (https://www.udacity.com/course/ep245)
- At least five hours each week conducting interviews and updating their canvases.
- Preparing to present their updated Business Model Canvas to the group, every second or third meeting.
What many entrepreneurs like best about our program are the contacts they make. Each week begins with a presentation by a successful member of the local business community. Collectively they address a range of important topics – marketing, legal structure, sources of capital and more. After the featured presentation, entrepreneurs work in smaller groups with a business coach. Our coaches are knowledgeable entrepreneurs with an in-depth understanding of launching and growing a business. The LaunchIt program is an ideal setting to establish productive relationships with the speakers, coaches and fellow entrepreneurs.
- Military Veterans: University of Louisville VetStart program will cover tuition costs and startup funds for up to five veterans. Details and the application may be found at http://nucleusky.com/nucleus-launchit-program.
- University of Louisville faculty, staff, students: The University of Louisville NSF I-Corps Site program offers a competitive opportunity to full-time UofL faculty, staff and students AND ALUMS for up to $2,500 to cover the cost of LaunchIt and other eligible expenses. Applications closed for Spring 2018