Lean Startup Training for Start-ups and Early Stage Companies
- Prime your business for product launch and/or investment
- Prepare an investor- or consumer-oriented pitch
- Intensive 10-week course with coaching
- Understand the value of a Minimal Viable Product
- Validate your market prior to launch
Who Should Attend
- Startups and early stage companies of all kinds
- Established companies planning to launch a new product or initiative
- UofL researchers that would like to commercialize an innovation
- UofL staff and students with an idea for a new business
- Weekly Thursday classes
- 10 weeks
- 6:00-9:00 pm
February 21, 2019-April 25, 2019
- iHub (204 S. Floyd) on JD Nichols Campus for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- $895 per person
- $250/person for the second and third person involved in the same startup or business
- About 30 minutes each week listening to the Steve Blank Udacity course “How to Build a Startup” (https://www.udacity.com/course/ep245)
- At least five hours each week conducting interviews and updating their canvases.
- Preparing to present their updated Business Model Canvas to the group, every second or third meeting.
What many entrepreneurs like best about our program are the contacts they make. Each week begins with a presentation by a successful member of the local business community. Collectively they address a range of important topics – marketing, legal structure, sources of capital and more. After the featured presentation, entrepreneurs work in smaller groups with a business coach. Our coaches are knowledgeable entrepreneurs with an in-depth understanding of launching and growing a business. The LaunchIt program is an ideal setting to establish productive relationships with the speakers, coaches and fellow entrepreneurs.
- Military Veterans: UofL’s VetStart program will cover LaunchIt tuition costs and startup funds for up to five military veterans through a competitive application process. Details and the application HERE. Application deadline, including submission of required supporting documentation, is Friday, February 1, 2019; veterans will be informed whether they’ve been selected by Friday, February 8, 2019.
- Faculty, Staff, Students and Alumni of University of Louisville: UofL NSF I-Corps Site program offers a competitive opportunity to full-time UofL faculty, staff and students as well as alumni for up to $2,500 to cover the cost of LaunchIt and expenses related to customer discovery efforts. A pre-proposal, available HERE, is required by January 25, 2019. Submit completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under-Represented, Lower-Income and/or Lower-Wealth Entrepreneurs: UofL’s ULaunch program will cover LaunchIt tuition costs and provide limited startup funding for entrepreneurs selected through a competitive application process. Application deadline, including submission of required supporting documentation, is Friday, February 1, 2019; applicants will be informed whether they’ve been selected by Friday, February 8, 2019. Click HERE for additional details and the application.