The University of Louisville MBA Internship Program is an innovative, unique partnership between the College of Business and the business community. Students access exceptional employment opportunities which provide real world work experience in business settings.
*If you are internship seeking, we highly recommend that you submit your application (including GMAT scores) by the following deadlines:
- Identify career options through an 11-month paid internship (competitive, not guaranteed)
- Gain valuable professional experience in real-world business situations
- Graduate with marketable resume credentials
- 92% of the class of 2016 secured employment within one month of graduation.
- Students have the option of procuring their own internship (subject to approval)
- Interns are high-quality students currently enrolled in the UofL Full-Time MBA program.
- They function as conventional employees during normal work hours, subject to company standards for work performance, behavior and appearance.
- Students understand the internship comes with no guarantee of subsequent full-time employment, and any negotiation for another position is the responsibility of the student and the company.
- College of Business representatives may visit the worksite to audit the intern’s progress or for promotional purposes.
- Students understand failure to complete the internship due to dismissal by employer may result in loss of course credit or a failing grade for the internship.
- The internship position is part-time (25-30 hours per week) with a duration of 11-months coinciding with the MBA program schedule.
- The position provides meaningful, challenging work that benefits the employer’s goals and the career interests of the student.
- Compensation includes a suggested monthly salary of $2,275 and coverage by the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance.
- The position will allow the student to attend class three evenings per week (Mon., Wed., & Fri. beginning at 6 p.m.). Employer also agrees to student’s absence during a 10-day international learning experience.
- Employer agrees to complete two evaluations of student performance based on MBA program requirements and employer expectations during the internship period.
For More Information:
- Contact the Executive Director of MBA Programs, Vernon Foster at email@example.com or 502.852.2855.