The UofL wireless network is a secure network that encrypts traffic on the network to prevent intrusions and interception of traffic.
FACULTY & STAFF – PLEASE REMEMBER: When you change your password, you must forget the ulsecure network on your phone, ipad, etc., and then connect again with new password.
Three types of wireless access are available, depending upon who you are:
- ulvisitor (for visitors; short-term use, limited internet functionality)
- ULSPONSOR (full-service unencrypted network access for up to 30 days; requires a UofL sponsor)
- ulsecure (requires an valid ulink username/password, preferred network for UofL student, faculty, staff)
UofL now has visitor wireless access. Prior to this, any guest coming on campus (vendors, alumni, conference attendees, etc.) had to be granted a ULSPONSOR account through a UofL IT online form for internet access. With this new account, the visitor is offered up to six hours of connectivity. The sessions will automatically log out after 15 minutes of inactivity, but visitors can log back on within that six hour period.
How to get online for a campus visitor:
- Select the SSID ulvisitor from your device’s list of available wireless networks.
- Open a browser and load any URL; you will be redirected to an access page (on some mobile devices, the access page should open automatically).
- Enter a valid email address
More information on visitor wireless: http://louisville.edu/it/departments/communications/wireless/ulvisitor-faqs