The College of Business offers a vibrant, unique learning environment equipped with advanced technology. As a convenience to our students, the College offers the following technologies:
Bloomberg Terminal is available which provides financial information so students can monitor and analyze real-time financial market data movements and place trades. The Bloomberg Terminal system also provides news, price quotes, and messaging across its proprietary secure network. The terminal is located inside the College of Business Computer Lab 045.
The College of Business offers students three computer labs in the atrium area of the building with over eighty computers, including ten Macs. Each computer is equipped with an wide assortment of software.
Printing is available @ 15 cents per page (paid via UofL Student Card). Students can add money to their card by using the machine located in the lab or by going to www.louisville.edu/campuscard.
The labs are located in rooms 045 (28 PCs/10 IMACs), 054 (38 PCs), and 059 (12 PCs).
CIS LAB: Room 045 has gone virtual!
Log in with your user name and password.
DO NOT select the “Smart card login” or “Remember me”
The domain (if it doesn’t show up) is AD
Select “COB Virtual Lab”
When you are finished, select LOG OFF.
Software on machines:
Flash Player ActiveX
Flash Player Plugin
Microsoft Office 2013
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
Microsoft Project Professional 2010
Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Microsoft Visio Premium 2010
Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2012
Respondus LockDown Browser
SSH Secure Shell
Tegrity Plugins, Recorder, Video Podcasting Utilities
Computer Lab Supervisor – Troy Franklin, Room 315, (502) 852-7765, Troy.Franklin@louisville.edu
Computer Lab Manager – Nathan Hardy, Room 050, (502) 852-6882, Nathan.email@example.com
Computer Lab Help Desk: (502) 852-0702 or (502) 852-0154
Fall 2014 Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Thursday: 7 AM – 9 PM
- Friday – Sunday: 9 AM – 5 PM
- After hours, business students with proper card access (CIS majors) can get into 054 and 059.
- Any student, with a valid ULINK account can log on and use the computers in the open lab.
- Lab 054 cannot be used during classes; the schedule of classes for that room are posted on the outside of the lab.
There is no eating or drinking in the lab. This is strictly enforced.
If the University is closed due to holidays, weather, etc., the computer labs will also be closed.
University of Louisville IT Services
The University of Louisville IT Helpdesk can be contacted at (502) 852-7997 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday through Thursday: 6 AM to 10 PM
Friday: 6 AM to 5 PM
Saturday: 7 AM – 5 PM
Sunday: 10 AM – 10 PM
University Holidays: 7 AM – 5 PM
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
The UofL wireless network is a secure network that encrypts traffic on the network to prevent intrusions and interception of traffic. Our pervasive wireless system allows students to use their wireless devices in most indoor and outdoor spaces on all three campuses.
Faculty, staff and students have the option to use the built-in wireless support in the Windows and Macintosh operating systems or to use the Odyssey wireless client software for additional features.
Three types of wireless access are available, depending upon who you are:
- ulvisitor (for visitors; short-term use, limited internet functionality)
- ulopen (full-service unencrypted network access for guest up to 30 days; requires a UofL sponsor)
- ulsecure (requires an valid ulink username/password, preferred network for UofL student, faculty, staff)
More information on visitor wireless: http://louisville.edu/it/departments/communications/wireless/ulvisitor-faqs
Recruiters tell us the key to great job interviews is solid preparation. Our JAVS lab gives you more tools to help you excel. JAVS Actua is a fully developed automatic audio and video processor used in courtroom, police interrogation room, classroom and meeting room applications. The advanced audio/video technology enables you to easily record, with verbatim clarity, all the sights and sounds of even the busiest rooms. The ADA-compliant lab is equipped with advanced audio and video capabilities, including voice-activated recording, video conferencing and translation services.
Students can use the JAVS Communications Lab to rehearse and refine presentations, review performance in practice interviews and role-playing exercises,and capture and replay important training sessions.
To reserve the JAVS Communication Lab, contact the Ulmer Career Management Center at (502) 852-7756.
Tegrity is a class-capture software solution which makes class time available on-demand by automatically capturing, storing, and indexing classes for replay by students. Tegrity requires no hardware or software installation, and students can quickly recall key segments of classes or replay entire classes online, on iPods, and on cellular telephones. The classes are recorded by the instructor and uploaded to the class Blackboard page.
Installing the VMware client
iPhones and iPads
- Get the VMware View client from the Apple App store.
- Get the VMware View client from the Google Play Store.
Windows and Mac
- Click on the download below that applies to your machine:
- Select “Save file” or “Run” (depending on browser)
- Run the .exe file
- Select “yes” you want to download VMWare – follow prompts to install software
- Reboot the computer
Launching the virtual desktop application
- Launch the VMware Client
- When asked to enter the “Connection Server” put virtualcob.louisville.edu
- Click Connect (Click Continue at the error message “this will be resolved once the SSL security certificate is installed on virtualcob.louisville.edu”)
- Username is your ULINK user-id
- Password is your ULINK password
- Domain should always say AD
Select the Desktop
- COB Virtual Lab – READ Only desktop for ALL Students
- COB Virtual Lab with Office 2013
- COB-Persona – READ and WRITE for Faculty and Staff
- Equine Lab – READ only desktop for Equine students
- Persona-SQL/SAS – By request only. This has specialized software for CIS, Accounting and MBA students. This is by written request only and must be delivered to email@example.com
- Persona MBA SAS – By request only. This was designed to host the 64-bit version of SAS Enterprise Miner.
- Stopping your session
- Click the Start button on your Windows 7 Virtual image and then click shutdown
Connecting a USB
- Once logged in, mouse up to top of screen to find and click on USB menu – then select “connect USB automatically”
Help desk options
College of Business HelpDesk 852-0154 is answered M-F 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
UofL HelpDesk 852-7997, email@example.com can help with password and login issues.