Am I eligible for a co-op?
Answer the following questions (yes/no):
- Are you a declared business major in the area you want to complete a co-op? (Example: Accounting interns need to be declared Accounting majors).
- Are you in good academic standing with the College of Business?
- Have you completed the pre-req classes for your major? (listed below)
- Did you received a grade of “C” or better in the specific pre-requisite class(es) for your major?
|CIS||CIS 199, CIS 300|
|Economics||ECON 201, ECON 202|
|Equine Business||EQ 101, EQ 202|
|Management & Entrepreneurship||MGMT 301|
If you answered YES to all of the above, then CONGRATULATIONS! You are eligible for a co-op!
Before You Start:
The Co-op/Internship program uses a career services portal program called CareerTrak – it’s free and available to all College of Business majors!
The semester BEFORE students want to participate in a co-op position, they should do the following:
- Visit the Ulmer Career Center and discuss their plans. Make an appointment with a Career Counselor and let us help you get organized and ready for your co-op/internship.
- Create a strong resume, and practice and refine interviewing skills. The Ulmer Career Center can assist you with resume preparation with one-on-one preparation, and Resume Rx workshops as well as offering the interviewing assistance via our Essentials workshop and JAVS Communication Lab for practicing interviews.
- Plan semester course load accordingly. Academic advisors in the Reinhardt Academic Center are available to help you with your academic career path.
- To begin your co-op/internship opportunity, make sure you know your ULINK user ID and password. This will be used to login in to CareerTrak. Note: when you change your password for ULINK, the updated password will automatically roll over to the CareerTrak system.
- Have your resume ready as a word document.
To set up your account, log on to CareerTrak using your ULINK ID and password. Update your personal profile. Under the “My Documents” table, upload your resume. Press the “help” button at any time you need assistance or call the Ulmer Career Center at (502) 852-7756.